'To serve and encourage the Christian Broadcasting industry; to encourage the production of quality Christian programming in the media through prayer, events and practical support; to work towards Kingdom consensus and unity among media practitioners.'
How we fulfil our mission
CBC's standing and influence in the industry:
- Through good links with Parliament, the House of Lords and the regulator Ofcom we campaign, consult and lobby for the industry
- We hold monthly prayer meetings in central London to pray for the media and those working in it
- Through our annual CBC Media Awards we celebrate excellence in Christian programming on TV, Radio, Animation, Film and Online
- We organise consultations for Christian media owners, leaders and practitioners to discuss industry matters and receive spiritual encouragement
- We hold an annual Symposium in the House of Lords on key issues to the nation and Christian broadcasters