The Vision of the CBC is to promote the proclamation of the Christian Gospel through the electronic media. Organising conferences and giving awards for excellence in broadcasting and related matters. Support of independent Christian broadcasters. Communication with Ofcom and other Government related agencies.
How we fulfil our mission
- By promoting Christian media in all its forms and encouraging media practitioners and church communications teams to follow best practices as well as a basic statement of faith.
- Inspiring Christian media practitioners and church communications teams with helpful reading material, training materials and access to mentorship.
- Through good links with Parliament, the House of Lords and the regulator Ofcom we campaign, consult and lobby for the industry.
- We hold monthly prayer meetings in central London to pray for the media and those working in it.
- We provide a comprehensive directory of Christian media networks, practitioners, organisations serving the media industry etc. With the huge growth of online church services we are pleased to offer the first comprehensive listing of Church live streams as well as Christian YouTube channels.
- In years gone by, we have held CBC Media Awards to celebrate excellence in Christian programming on TV, Radio, Animation, Film and Online. We hope to revive these awards in future.
- We have also previously arranged consultations for Christian media owners, leaders and practitioners to discuss industry matters and receive spiritual encouragement
- Plus, we have held symposiums in the House of Lords on key issues to the nation and Christian broadcasters.